Select State. Compare. Save!

Or Call Today! (877) 562-1845

  • Compare A-rated Companies, Rates and Plans

Actual Client Savings

Monthly before savings Monthly after savings Savings per month Savings per year
$286 $163 $123 $1,476

Choosing a Medicare Plan

If you’re turning 65 in the near future and sorting out your Medicare options, you’ve come to the right place. As long-time professionals who are well versed in the insurance industry, we can make this season of your life easier. We’ll guide you through Medicare and explain the importance of a supplement plan.

Let us educate you on what exactly “Medicare Advantage” and “Medicare Supplement” mean. We’ll walk through all of your options together and figure out the best plan for you. We’ll make this confusing process easier. We’ll take the complexity of the Medicare system and boil it down so that it’s simple. At Medicare Health Plans, we work for YOU.

NEED HELP?! Confused by Medicare? Call us with any questions (877) 562-1845

Understanding Medicare

First off, it’s important to realize that if you’re about to turn 65 years old, you’ll be entering into a new season called Medicare. Your Medicare benefits include something called Part A (hospital insurance) that comes at no cost to you, and Part B (medical insurance) that comes out of your social security check each month.

Part A & Part B make up what’s called “Original Medicare” – Federal health insurance available to seniors 65 and older, or those who are disabled. Original Medicare covers 80% of your health care costs, however it leaves the remaining 20% up to you. This hits many seniors with coinsurance and deductibles, without out-of-pocket maximums. It sets up seniors for a huge risk, and potential financial harm, without any additional coverage.

Read more about Understanding Medicare

Options for Medicare Supplement Plans

If you’re a senior who’s not willing to risk applying your entire retirement and financial assets to pay the 20% on every medical bill you incur for the rest of your life – you have options.

Medicare Advantage Plans

These plans are known as Part C of Medicare and may replace benefits from Original Medicare. Many times these plans come at a very little monthly cost, if any. They place a cap on the maximum out of pocket you spend and may even pay for some of the costs not covered by Original Medicare benefits like coinsurance and deductibles.

Read more about Advantage Plans

Medigap Plans

Medigap Plans are supplemental insurance plans from private insurance companies for those who choose to keep Part A & Part B, yet do not want to pay the 20% that Original Medicare doesn’t cover. These plans range in benefits and can possibly even eliminate your responsibility for the entire 20% uncovered by Original Medicare, depending on the plan you choose.

Learn more about Medigap plans

Why Work with Us?

Our team at Medicare Health Plans has worked in insurance for many years and specializes in Medicare plans and supplements. We’ve met countless families who are facing big decisions as the 65th birthday approaches. We know it’s an exciting, yet stressful, season of life.

We can help you understand what you need in terms of Medicare coverage and your options for getting your bills paid. There’s not a one-size-fits-all solution for everyone when it comes to Medicare plans. We’re here to understand your needs, be realistic with your budget and your retirement goals, and find the plan that fits you best. You have options. Let us help you understand what they are and do the groundwork for you.

NEED HELP?! Confused by Medicare? Call us with any questions (877) 562-1845

Blog: Recent Posts

Testimonials

That is a big savings! Thank YOU!

Nov 24, 2013 by Bernadette

Have a good Thanksgiving, Brandon – You’re on my list of people I’m very thankful I met this year.
...
Read more ->


Will refer friends and family

Jul 24, 2013 by Bobi B

You have been wonderful through all of this and so very patient! I will tell all my friends and family who may want to change or who need insurance ...
Read more ->


Medicare Health Plans , USA 0.0 0.0 0 0 Reviews for my site

Medicare Health Plans

    * Not connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.  DBR Insurance, LLC, dba Medicare Health Plans.  7600 W. 110th St., Ste. 208, Overland Park, KS 66210.  By clicking on ‘Get Quote!’, you consent to receive phone calls from a licensed insurance representative regarding Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage, & Medicare prescription drug plans even if you are on the Do Not Call Registry. You also agree that we may contact you with a pre-recorded message to verify your interest.
Copyright © 2013 Medicare Health Plans. All rights reserved.